First poster in PNW forum?

bfpierce99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, i went to saltwater city and that place is amazing. Best LFS ive been to yet in the puget sound. Second, I ended up with two snails, a crab and a gorgeous fire shrimp. Might get another shrimp at some point because i already love them. But when it is time for coral, i will definitely go back to saltwater city and give them tons of money. Their stuff is gorgeous.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First, i went to saltwater city and that place is amazing. Best LFS ive been to yet in the puget sound. Second, I ended up with two snails, a crab and a gorgeous fire shrimp. Might get another shrimp at some point because i already love them. But when it is time for coral, i will definitely go back to saltwater city and give them tons of money. Their stuff is gorgeous.
They are a great store and there are 2 others within a few block radius...

Seattle corals
Seaking

Then if you take a small drive there is Barrier Reef in Renton.
I have never been, but if you want to see the absolute high end FIRE then swing by cuttlefish in PDX.

Crazy nice.

Jeff is amazing and does a great job, the store is legit....honestly as good as WWC in Orlando, not their new mega store but the OG store that started it all.

Clean open and full at the same time. Always fire at a great price and their auctions are a blast to do.

bfpierce99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a great store and there are 2 others within a few block radius...

Seattle corals
Seaking

Then if you take a small drive there is Barrier Reef in Renton.

Jeff is amazing and does a great job, the store is legit....honestly as good as WWC in Orlando, not their new mega store but the OG store that started it all.

Clean open and full at the same time. Always fire at a great price and their auctions are a blast to do.
will definitely check out seattle corals and seaking!

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will definitely check out seattle corals and seaking!
All of my fish are from Saltwater City, it’s a great shop. I’ve purchased several corals from SeaKing and again, great shop with really good prices. Just got a couple of peppermint shrimp from Seattle Corals and that place looks well run as well. Add in Barrier Reef and we have a lot of quality shops in our area.

IanK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im just south of Seattle, For coral i go to Seattle coral or seaking. Fish i go saltwater city or barrier reef. Barrier seems to have good coral but they charge a premium for it. I have found a couple of good deals on coral at Sierra in renton but definitely gotta do a good dip on their stuff

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im just south of Seattle, For coral i go to Seattle coral or seaking. Fish i go saltwater city or barrier reef. Barrier seems to have good coral but they charge a premium for it. I have found a couple of good deals on coral at Sierra in renton but definitely gotta do a good dip on their stuff
That place is a little scary but last time I was in there they had cleaned up better than I’d ever seen it.

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oooh. I do love me a fish store with a dipping recommendation. LOL
Lol but honestly all fish stores are infested. I can’t remember a time when I’ve been to barrier and not seen a half dozen dieing or dead fish. Even my clowns had parasites and they are captive bred. One of the newer fish shops once posted a bunch of glam shots of frags with red bugs all over, so if you are buying in store you better have a very robust QT process. A simple dip won’t cut it.

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always just gone to Barrier for the most part. I guess I’ll try some others mentioned here. I’m surprised this group isn’t bigger.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m shocked there is not more here. What’s the newest addition to everybody’s tank?
Pair of borbonious anthias (male pictured) and a CBB What's yours lol
20210206_185925.jpg

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few months ago, added a starry blenny I’ve been wanting forever! Finally found one.
D21EE190-D9A9-4BCF-AACC-30B027872A3F.jpeg

and this Acan couple weeks ago.
79B2F45E-29F1-4573-B9C4-BA2EAA60CDA8.jpeg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back