First reef aquarium

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
taking the plunge into my first reef aquarium. So this will be a on going build thread for you all to follow along. And a way for me to look back at my progress. Very much looking forward to sharing with everyone. Bare with me it’s going to be slow going I’m sure(but that’s what makes fishkeeping a joy) . It’s a Red Sea reefer 250. So far have i have syncra 660gph return pump. For lighting I went with a zetlight zs7000. 50 or so pounds of dry rock. Carib sea dry sand is on the way. I’m going to start out with Red Sea coral pro salt Hoping to make some water this weekend. Thanks for following along. Stay tuned. I’ll try not to be bore you guys to death

5EA0FA34-4CCD-4D45-A519-198F6FE58B18.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
taking the plunge into my first reef aquarium. So this will be a on going build thread for you all to follow along. And a way for me to look back at my progress. Very much looking forward to sharing with everyone. Bare with me it’s going to be slow going I’m sure(but that’s what makes fishkeeping a joy) . It’s a Red Sea reefer 250. So far have i have syncra 660gph return pump. For lighting I went with a zetlight zs7000. 50 or so pounds of dry rock. Carib sea dry sand is on the way. I’m going to start out with Red Sea coral pro salt Hoping to make some water this weekend. Thanks for following along. Stay tuned. I’ll try not to be bore you guys to death

That is a really nice tank! I look forward to seeing this come together!

Oh, and slow is good...

SlothExcitement.gif

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good luck!

going slow is great but hard to do if your impulsive like me haha

My only advice for now is put the sandbed in, and fiddle with the rock work till you are 110% happy its a huge pain to do it once water is in if you like your house not flooded. also prepare for cycling to do your head in over and over again

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im no professional scaper just messing around I think I like it...

FDBBA200-2F71-496E-9F47-84D1ACC35F0B.jpeg
You want a loose structure so water can flow freely in and through the structure so as not to trap anything and to allow as much of the surface of the rocks to "bathe" in circulated water for permeation.

thegreyanenome

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

looks nice, i'm 6 months in to my first one as well, good luck

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back