First reef aquarium

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im no professional scaper just messing around I think I like it...

FDBBA200-2F71-496E-9F47-84D1ACC35F0B.jpeg
I think that is absolutely perfect personally, I can’t say anything that would make it better

Very natural, and it’s the type of design I tried to create when I designed my rocks

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AiKkz Yea I know they are I wasn’t even thinking when I built that stand I just had 2 extra 20 gallon tanks laying around.... I’ll just have to be very careful. I was thinking I may put some a acrylic wall between the 2 it will look awful but better safe than sorry I suppose

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AiKkz Yea I know they are I wasn’t even thinking when I built that stand I just had 2 extra 20 gallon tanks laying around.... I’ll just have to be very careful. I was thinking I may put some a acrylic wall between the 2 it will look awful but better safe than sorry I suppose
yeah, not a bad idea or at least a piece of insulation (something cheap) but like I said its better then nothing. the reward outweighs the risk! Also awesome scape!!

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, not a bad idea or at least a piece of insulation (something cheap) but like I said its better then nothing. the reward outweighs the risk! Also awesome scape!!
Yes it’s definitely better than nothing. Thank you ! I’m happy with the scape for now. I’m more psyched about seeing this dry rock come to “life” more than anything!

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@brad shawn have you added livestock yet?
No livestock in the display tank. Picked up a couple of zoa frags and a Xenia In the frag tank to “try” my hand with some cheap soft corals. So far so good after a few weeks. These will not be going into the main display tank. I was to plan that tank out and get some specimens I really want as it’s my only reef tank and it’s not that big.

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up my first ever saltwater fish yesterday! I’m beyond stoked. currently living and loving life in his QT tank while I keep a eye on him. It’s a small yellow prawn goby. No pics he’s hiding out under his one rock but he did pop out to eat today so that’s promising. Just wanted to share my excitement. Have a pistol shrimp on order for him(and me).

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just a update still slowly plugging along. Moved my ATO from off the top of the sump to make more room. Drilled a 5 gallon tank for a refugium. Just waiting on a pump and I’ll have it plumbed in next week. Put a tunze refugium light we’ll see how that does growing macro... don’t mind the bucket I’m still working on trying to disguise it. I’m going to keep using the gravity fed top off for now as I’ve had no problems yet. Just make sure that float stays clean !

image.jpg 32FA493F-0785-4E5E-9D99-9E1BA75A5D59.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back