First Reef Delete UV Flashlights Now Available at Premium Aquatics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Delete is a flashlight unlike anything the aquarium hobby has ever seen before as instead of being designed to help you see things, it’s actually designed to help you not see certain things. What we mean by that is that the Reef Delete is not made for viewing but instead made for sterilizing certain…
Source

Continue reading...

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What creative alternative uses will people come up with?

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see it is out of stock now. I'd love to see some user reviews once people start getting their hands on them.
I was about to buy it this morning when it was available but $400 is just too much for an untested product and I couldn't find if it worked with dinoflagelates.

clm65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also interested in one of these, if they really work as advertised. In addition to aiptasia, I’m also fighting a Kenya tree infestation (I’m assuming it works on Kenya trees). Can’t wait for feedback from the community!

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if anyone on the boards gotten one of these and can let us know how its working out.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see it is out of stock now. I'd love to see some user reviews once people start getting their hands on them.
I was about to buy it this morning when it was available but $400 is just too much for an untested product and I couldn't find if it worked with dinoflagelates.
It will kill Dino’s… but from what I can tell, it is a pinpoint UV source meaning it sterilizes like a dime size area. To kill Dino’s, you wouldn’t be able to zap enough to make a dent. A normal UV flow thru filter would probably be better.

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Reef Delete, charging it up and off hunting I go.

20220306_165656~2.jpg

20220306_165831_HDR~2.jpg

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post your results. I'm on the fence, waiting for some real results. What is it that you will be targeting?
I have a couple manjo and a few aiptasia that I can see, clearly that means more that I can't see. After 3 batches of nudibranch that didn't work, sixline ate them, then Joe's juice and aiptasia X figured I was at $500 which is the going price here in Canada, made sense. My newly acquired CBB picks at the small ones but some of these are large and I don't want to go the file fish way unless I could find a Biota version.

I'll let you know how it goes, once the battery is charged I'll try it out.

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post your results. I'm on the fence, waiting for some real results. What is it that you will be targeting?
Battery charged up quickly, keep in mind it does not come with a charger or cable, you remove the battery and use micro usb, of course I had one from my BlackBerry, ya one of those people who have a cable for everything paired that with a 5V Samsung charger and was ready in a couple hours.

I kept the pointer head on it, more focused I believe and it certainly is doing something. Once close, 10 seconds or so the aiptasia starts to react and shrivel up. I held it on the area for 30 seconds or so and moved to the next one. Clearly it is doing something and the area I covered none of them came back open, maybe they will be tomorrow.

I will say my CBB followed me around and when I was done it was aggressively picking at the area the aiptasia was. I had a couple under SPS and I was able to get a good angle and close enough to hit it.

It's great fun!!!

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battery charged up quickly, keep in mind it does not come with a charger or cable, you remove the battery and use micro usb, of course I had one from my BlackBerry, ya one of those people who have a cable for everything paired that with a 5V Samsung charger and was ready in a couple hours.

I kept the pointer head on it, more focused I believe and it certainly is doing something. Once close, 10 seconds or so the aiptasia starts to react and shrivel up. I held it on the area for 30 seconds or so and moved to the next one. Clearly it is doing something and the area I covered none of them came back open, maybe they will be tomorrow.

I will say my CBB followed me around and when I was done it was aggressively picking at the area the aiptasia was. I had a couple under SPS and I was able to get a good angle and close enough to hit it.

It's great fun!!!
It will be interesting to see if it killed the aiptasia.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if it would work the same as a waterproof flashlight and you swap out the led, with a uvc led.

It's really hard to find short wavelength LEDs. You'd also need to ensure the lens is UV-transparent (most transparent materials filter out UV).

ITCreefculture

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will kill Dino’s… but from what I can tell, it is a pinpoint UV source meaning it sterilizes like a dime size area. To kill Dino’s, you wouldn’t be able to zap enough to make a dent. A normal UV flow thru filter would probably be better.
This is correct - unless conditions weren't ripe for dino's then you could use it to topple it quicker when they're not going for a swim!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back