First reef tank. biocube29

Remb0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I found a free Biocube 29 and started down the path. I purchased the intank media basket and the Fuge, some Marco dry rock and some caribsea live sand. I bought a Spectapure Rodi system and reef crysal salt, mixed 20.5 gallons to 33 ppt. I started the cycle with Dr. Tims and am currently on day 11 with the parameters in range to put our first livestock in. We are being extra cautious about where we will obtain our first fish and coral from, and we are not in any rush. If anybody could chime in on a good place to buy from online or if there is anybody with suggestions of LFS in the Roseville, Sacramento region that’d be great. I am waiting to pick up a 10g for my qt which will be set up by the end of the weekend.

Pics coming soon

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32g Biocube, best of luck! I’ve had great success with Tidal Gardens and Corals.com but you won’t go wrong with any of the sponsors of R2R on here. Go to menu and click on sponsors.

OP
OP
R

Remb0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32g Biocube, best of luck! I’ve had great success with Tidal Gardens and Corals.com but you won’t go wrong with any of the sponsors of R2R on here. Go to menu and click on sponsors.
Thank you for the kind words and the online suggestion I’ll take a look at the websites. What lighting do you have on your cube, stock?

OP
OP
R

Remb0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I’ll look into that if I can’t get this I Steve’s led to work. I got it for free on facebook, fingers crossed, I’m sending it back to Steve’s to see what they say about fixing it. Figured 12$ in shipping isn’t a bad investment from the good things I’ve heard about the light upgrade.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 130 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.3%
Back