First Reef Tank

Hawkeye1842

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2023
Messages
81
Reaction score
106
Location
bradenton
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I am currently 5 months into my first reef tank. I am going to post two pictures one from when we first added corals (yes there is a nem in there it was given to us and then we relocated it when we couldn’t keep it happy) and then a picture taken today. I feel good about the progress of the tank but I’m curious about your thoughts on how things are turning out. I am planning on keeping it LPS/Softie dominated I have a hand full of sps frags that are currently doing really well so might add more later.

IMG_2448.jpeg IMG_3528.jpeg
 
Looks pretty good for 5 months
I appreciate it I’m the first one in my family to do saltwater I’m 24 and have been listening to BRS and watching back Jake Adams reef therapy’s to get an idea on how to do this cause it’s overwhelming.
 
looks really nice!!!! Lovely placement of corals imo! Just one concern is that algae on the back wall? If so I’d look into controlling that and what is causing it.
 
looks really nice!!!! Lovely placement of corals imo! Just one concern is that algae on the back wall? If so I’d look into controlling that and what is causing it.
I don’t clean the back wall ever. My rocks and everything stay so clean from everything that when I cleaned my back wall all my snails and stuff would die really fast. So I leave it back there for them to eat it’s not the most beautiful thing but it keeps my critters alive.
 
I don’t clean the back wall ever. My rocks and everything stay so clean from everything that when I cleaned my back wall all my snails and stuff would die really fast. So I leave it back there for them to eat it’s not the most beautiful thing but it keeps my critters alive.
I do the same for the same reason.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new