OP
OP
K

kjpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard!!! Nice to have you. Not to scare you but you may possibly have dinoflagellates as I see bubbles up there with the green. Could be green hair algae. We have a section on this forum called nuisance algae. Perhaps you can take some clearer pics and start a thread there. I’d hold off adding corals if you’re planning on it. Seems like you’re going for fish. Good luck! We all deal with algae issues here.

6926d5209f7bacb3246988797426fdce.jpg

Yeah I actually put the post in the wrong place at first (didn’t see a nuisance algae section, but I posted three pictures and just took this one now)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
PSSSSST : you have some hair algae started. Lower intensity of your lights, reducing white and adding more Blue.

1565542970662.png

ceruleanspiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ea6a704ae7dd60cf8ee682373f5b8a23.jpg

Heyo! Been wanting a saltwater tank for years and I finally got around to it in July. It’s a Fluval Evo 13.5 unfortunately we are experiencing a slight macro issue atm. I’m not done with livestock yet but I’m planning on a Bangai cardinal a cleaner shrimp and some corals to go along with my duster worm (Plumette yes I like Disney) who is currently hiding because Yeray my Turbo snail got a little too close and 5 tiny blue leg hermit crabs who I’m collectively calling the Blue Crab Group.

Hiya! I love the "Blue Crab Group", what a hoot!

I just lost a feather duster after a healthy 5 months. I have no idea why it died, it was acting totally normal up until about 2 days before it died. I have since started dosing with phytoplankton that arrived after it died, not sure if that would have helped at all, but maybe look into it?

ceruleanspiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya! I love the "Blue Crab Group", what a hoot!

I just lost a feather duster after a healthy 5 months. I have no idea why it died, it was acting totally normal up until about 2 days before it died. I have since started dosing with phytoplankton that arrived after it died, not sure if that would have helped at all, but maybe look into it? Def. try to get a handle on the GHA, I am battling it now, total pain.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back