First saltwater tank with diy stand

_aka_olive_

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2023
Messages
61
Reaction score
57
Location
Albuquerque
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to share my DIY stand and canopy that my
Husband made. Finally finished this week! I am i. Love

My tank is four months old. And I think I am done stocking for a little while

Show me your DIY stands and canopies!
IMG_9035.jpeg
IMG_9032.jpeg IMG_9112.jpeg IMG_8942.jpeg
 
I’ve done a few DIY stands, the thing with wood is ya gotta do the wipe down thing weekly or its hard to keep salt/salt creep from getting “embedded” … esp underneath the stand….its surprising how the stand can get salt coated just from the air/spray …

@_aka_olive_
May I ask what did you use for your final protective coat ?
 
What’s a build thread?
Build thread is where you show off your tank from the start and document what you put in it, diy projects stock list, experiences and so on. Nice to follow for yourself and others how your tank progressed over time.
 
I’ve done a few DIY stands, the thing with wood is ya gotta do the wipe down thing weekly or its hard to keep salt/salt creep from getting “embedded” … esp underneath the stand….its surprising how the stand can get salt coated just from the air/spray …

@_aka_olive_
May I ask what did you use for your final protective coat ?
I believe my husband did varnish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new