First Saltwater Tank

Itsyitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am coming from doing freshwater tanks for about 8 years. I am now deciding (at the encouragement of my wife) to make the switch to saltwater. My Tank is 75 gallons using a canister filter :) This pic is day 1.

Setting Up My Saltwater Tank.jpg

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am coming from doing freshwater tanks for about 8 years. I am now deciding (at the encouragement of my wife) to make the switch to saltwater. My Tank is 75 gallons using a canister filter :) This pic is day 1.

Setting Up My Saltwater Tank.jpg
Sweet looks good!!! Fish only or corals? Mixed? What are the moves!!

KleineVampir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks very dim for corals. I hope you realize that corals need bright light, possibly more than you realize. After coming from freshwater myself, I didn't quite understand that either. I recommend some really bright LED's. Expensive but once you get LED's you're set forever.

Also I recommend getting a really strong algae scrubber, like from santa monica filtration. Lots of people struggle with nutrient control in their saltwater tanks since we don't have plants to help us out. Not to mention we are running really bright lights with lots of flow. So algae can be a huge problem.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back