First Sumped Tank

Mattgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone

Finally decided to get a sumped tank, previously had a Red Sea Max 130C but upgraded to the new Reefsys 255 with 44ltr Sump.

Has been running now for approx 10 weeks, moved over my 2 Clown fish, 1 Six Line Wrasse and 2 Fire fish. Also have 1 Peppermint Shrimp and 8 mixed hermit crabs and 12 Snails. Adding 2 Bluecheek Goby today.

Strated dosing Triton Other method two days ago - 5 mls each
Running a Bubble Magus 5 Skimmer and a small algae reactor with Chaeto
Also have 2 Hydra 26HD lights.

have posted current parameters and picture of tank.

Just looking for some guidance as in if I’m missing anything as my last endeavour didn’t end to well ....

C36D0857-F942-46EF-829C-22AAE4CFDE87.jpeg CB0103C4-993E-472B-ABE6-69DF3E1FEA8E.jpeg

firsttimeowner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone

Finally decided to get a sumped tank, previously had a Red Sea Max 130C but upgraded to the new Reefsys 255 with 44ltr Sump.

Has been running now for approx 10 weeks, moved over my 2 Clown fish, 1 Six Line Wrasse and 2 Fire fish. Also have 1 Peppermint Shrimp and 8 mixed hermit crabs and 12 Snails. Adding 2 Bluecheek Goby today.

Just looking for some guidance as in if I’m missing anything as my last endeavour didn’t end to well ....

C36D0857-F942-46EF-829C-22AAE4CFDE87.jpeg CB0103C4-993E-472B-ABE6-69DF3E1FEA8E.jpeg
Hey,

Whilst I can't comment on your current set up as I do not have a vast amount of experience do you mind me asking what happened with your last endeavour?

OP
OP
Mattgee

Mattgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
many thanks for the replies.
My last tank had major algae issues. Mainly green hair algae but it took root everywhere. Think a major part of the reason was the equipment I was using. To use the phrase “ you get what you pay for” definitely comes to mind. I think the only thing I carried over from my last tank was the livestock and 1 hydra 26 light. I didn’t want too much live rock in this build As I wanted to eventually put corals on the sand bed.
Also I now have my own RDO unit and TDS meter so my RDO currently has 0 TDS. Also starting to collect the Hanna Checkers to best do my water checks.

Hope this fills in the missing details ...

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Take advantage of the info here and let us know as issues come up!

Clownfish.gif

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone

Welcome to R2R.

OP
OP
Mattgee

Mattgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you use to get your parameters reading a table like this? Is it a sensor output or just something you have put together?
It’s an app I use called Aquatic Log. I use it to keep them all together. Ideal for those trips to my LFS

firsttimeowner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
many thanks for the replies.
My last tank had major algae issues. Mainly green hair algae but it took root everywhere. Think a major part of the reason was the equipment I was using. To use the phrase “ you get what you pay for” definitely comes to mind. I think the only thing I carried over from my last tank was the livestock and 1 hydra 26 light. I didn’t want too much live rock in this build As I wanted to eventually put corals on the sand bed.
Also I now have my own RDO unit and TDS meter so my RDO currently has 0 TDS. Also starting to collect the Hanna Checkers to best do my water checks.

Hope this fills in the missing details ...
Well at least you recognised the mistakes and now after the learning curve are utilising your knowledge to ensure you do not make the same errors again, this is the first time reefing for me and i so wish that I would have found out about this community before my stocking of the tank and running it! More so though...welcome back to the community!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back