First tank build

danieljones8623

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2021
Messages
71
Reaction score
21
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I spent a considerable amount of time this weekend setting up my 40 gallon breeder. It’s still a very new system, so it’s not much, but I had a few minutes at work, so I figured I would start a thread and progress it as I start adding some stuff. I’ll add some pics when I get home showing off some of my elementary plumbing skills and my sump, haha. Over all, I don’t think I have a bad start, not for a newbie anyway.

ABF20EFA-57D2-4C22-946B-A5234D126995.jpeg
 
Hey all,

I spent a considerable amount of time this weekend setting up my 40 gallon breeder. It’s still a very new system, so it’s not much, but I had a few minutes at work, so I figured I would start a thread and progress it as I start adding some stuff. I’ll add some pics when I get home showing off some of my elementary plumbing skills and my sump, haha. Over all, I don’t think I have a bad start, not for a newbie anyway.

ABF20EFA-57D2-4C22-946B-A5234D126995.jpeg
It looks so good, I recommend opening up some of the rockwork more - unless your plan is to go for the smaller fish like 3” or less
 
It looks so good, I recommend opening up some of the rockwork more - unless your plan is to go for the smaller fish like 3” or less
That’s sounds like a good idea. I plan on adding just smaller fish, since the display tank is only 40 gallons, but I’m thinking I could definitely use the space of the tank in a better manner.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new