First tank in twenty years arrives today!

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shutterstock-269208791.jpg

OP
OP
C

ChristineInMaryland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had five guys here trying to carry it and it was just too heavy. Someone’s hand slipped and down it went.

After I have a good cry, I’ll go to my local fish store to talk about what my options are. Obviously I’m going to have to order another tank, but this time I’m going to have to hire professionals to take it inside to the stand.

Aquamaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, everyone. As you can tell from the title, I haven’t had a tank in about twenty years. I started out as a teen with a 75-gallon reef and upgraded to a 220-gallon tank about a year later. I had to give it up when I moved into a third-floor apartment and haven’t had a tank since.

I have a Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL G2 arriving today and I’m both excited and overwhelmed. I took the rest of the week off work, so at least I’m not juggling meetings with this setup! This delivery also coincides with the arrival of out-of-town guests, so we’ll see if I still have my sanity by Monday.
It will all be fine - love Red Sea's. I too had 220 gallons (120 show and 100 refugium) about 15 years ago, and just set up a small 40 gallon to get back into the swing of things. Taking it slow is hard, but has been very rewarding! Wishing you well!!

bpinkstaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, everyone. As you can tell from the title, I haven’t had a tank in about twenty years. I started out as a teen with a 75-gallon reef and upgraded to a 220-gallon tank about a year later. I had to give it up when I moved into a third-floor apartment and haven’t had a tank since.

I have a Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL G2 arriving today and I’m both excited and overwhelmed. I took the rest of the week off work, so at least I’m not juggling meetings with this setup! This delivery also coincides with the arrival of out-of-town guests, so we’ll see if I still have my sanity by Monday.
Exciting Times don't forget pics for all of us!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
C

ChristineInMaryland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The owner of the store forwarded the picture of the broken tank along with the serial number to his Red Sea rep on Saturday afternoon. Now we wait to see what the price of the tank alone comes out to be. It really doesn’t look like I have much of a choice but to buy a new tank, but this time I’ll be buying from the LFS and having him come out to install.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back