Back to Reefing

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Not new to the hobby. I’ve had several tanks with my last 75 gallon set up being taken down before a move 9 years ago. I kept a 6+ year old 5 gallon pico for a short while in my office but was lost in an accident shortly after moving. I’ve been reefless since.

I’ve been wanting to start a new tank, but just haven’t found the time and my 16 year old son came to me yesterday and said he’d really like to start a reef tank. Didn’t have to tell me twice. We jumped online and ordered a reefer max 250 G2+. I can’t help but feel like I cheated somehow. Half the fun is picking out all of your equipment for your setup. Anyhow, I’m excited to start a new reef with my son. I hope I don’t regret getting this system. Can’t wait to post some pics once we get it going.
Welcome and I know the feeling. Out since about 2011/2012. My daughter is only 4 though, so we got back into Aquariums in general in November when she asked for a beta.

But working on getting into the reef side.

20240309_114953.jpg

OP
OP
Mytoy

Mytoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and I know the feeling. Out since about 2011/2012. My daughter is only 4 though, so we got back into Aquariums in general in November when she asked for a beta.

But working on getting into the reef side.

20240309_114953.jpg
Love this little tank. Great way to get her started.

OP
OP
Mytoy

Mytoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! You are going to love all the new gadgets and choices to fill up your reef tank.
Thanks! I see a lot has changed. More ways to monitor and automate as well as some shifts in thinking. Really nice setups in here with some different methods. Love it.

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Not new to the hobby. I’ve had several tanks with my last 75 gallon set up being taken down before a move 9 years ago. I kept a 6+ year old 5 gallon pico for a short while in my office but was lost in an accident shortly after moving. I’ve been reefless since.

I’ve been wanting to start a new tank, but just haven’t found the time and my 16 year old son came to me yesterday and said he’d really like to start a reef tank. Didn’t have to tell me twice. We jumped online and ordered a reefer max 250 G2+. I can’t help but feel like I cheated somehow. Half the fun is picking out all of your equipment for your setup. Anyhow, I’m excited to start a new reef with my son. I hope I don’t regret getting this system. Can’t wait to post some pics once we get it going.
Welcome to R2R and have a Happy Reefing comeback!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back