Back to Reefing

Mytoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Not new to the hobby. I’ve had several tanks with my last 75 gallon set up being taken down before a move 9 years ago. I kept a 6+ year old 5 gallon pico for a short while in my office but was lost in an accident shortly after moving. I’ve been reefless since.

I’ve been wanting to start a new tank, but just haven’t found the time and my 16 year old son came to me yesterday and said he’d really like to start a reef tank. Didn’t have to tell me twice. We jumped online and ordered a reefer max 250 G2+. I can’t help but feel like I cheated somehow. Half the fun is picking out all of your equipment for your setup. Anyhow, I’m excited to start a new reef with my son. I hope I don’t regret getting this system. Can’t wait to post some pics once we get it going.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMG_0084.gif

OP
OP
Mytoy

Mytoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! I'm coming back after about 12 years off and I most recently had a 125 gallon tank. There's lots to relearn, but there's also a lot of help here at R2R. Good luck to you and your son with your RedSea 250!
Thank you! Definitely a lot to learn. It’s exciting to see how far this hobby has progressed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back