First Tank

Saskreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Saskatchewan Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning my first saltwater tank. (60 or 66) long X 20 deep X 21? high. Triger System 39 Sump. In the planning stage currently so I'm building the equipment list. A few questions:
1. Tank turnover. If I use 2 return pumps, do I double the return GPH rate? So (for example) if one is set to 100 and the other to 150 the turnover rate would equal 250? want to install UV Sterilizer but maintain turnover rate.
2. Lighting. Any suggestions welcome here. currently looking at Current USA's 48-60. Thinking i will have to double up and overlap the center of tank to get full coverage.

Want to do things right or as close as possible the first time so I'm doing a butt load of research first.
 
hi welcome to the reef ,what are you planning as stocking?currents are not strong enough for most corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new