first time aquascaping

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished my first aquascaping of dry rock. Will be getting a couple pieces of live rock to finish it up. 65 pounds of brs reef saver. Went together really well. I know I've heard I don't have to glue everything together but one piece already fell off and scratched the front glass of my brand new tank! anyways. opinions welcomed as it isn't finalized yet. I'll fill in the gaps with some rubble after I glue.

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you love it! One of my favorite parts of starting a tank. Looks great. I would look at your left and right side and leave at least 2" between the glass and any rocks. It never hurts to set a few secure putty spots or a holding agent to keep things where they should be.

OP
OP
M

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call. I'll make a little more room. I'm also noticing the rock making the over hang isn't transitioned on the pillar on the left as well as it could be I'll slide that over too. From what I read I could use job water weld to hold all the sketchy pieces together no?

OP
OP
M

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I read a bunch and looked at a ton of different tanks. I wanted a place where my fish would feel safe and be able to swim around and have fun. :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 113 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back