First time radion owner!!

Scorchx1245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This schedule look good? XR 15 over a a mixed reef with SPS on top, I will rent a par meter this weekend. 40 breeder. The bleached monti cap broke off and fell into the hammer....its starting to get color back thought it was a gonner. Tank is 8 months old. The other pieces have been entrusting on to the rock, the birdsnest and digitata just started to encrust only couple weeks old. rbta hasn't moved in 3 months. I'm careful incase this new light makes him move.

20181023_154117.jpg

15403239033725568138492898698524.jpg

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your photo period is fine, but it's impossible for anyone to really comment definitively without knowing which preset template you are running (such as AB+ program) or your percentages on each color channel if you're doing a custom mix. And then we would need what intensity you are running the lights st for those settings. Also, mounting height would be a big factor, your water parameters, and what lights you were running before you made the change.

If you have a par meter coming, just best to take readings and adjust based on your readings. Make sure to acclimate as needed. If you need a rough idea of par numbers now, consult the BRS videos that do product reviews. Those should give you a general idea of expected par values you can extrapolate from.

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless all your SPS are going in the middle, you'll likely want another XR15 to cover that length of a tank.

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 over my 36" Reefer 250.

You can literally see the cone of light in your photo which is kind of cool, but you can also see how much shadowing you get on the left and right of the unit as the light just doesn't penetrate that far to the sides.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back