First time tank!

alonek

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
11
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I have wanted a saltwater aquarium for years and decided to just go for it. Got tons of help from YouTube, especially the brstv channel. But also asked so many questions to the people at my local aquarium shop 😅. I already have dozens of additional questions and thought it'd be best to get involved here! For now, take a look at my setup 🙂. I used glow in the dark paint on the back for those galaxy dots, and yes the lights charge them! I have two clownfish and a diamond goby for now. Thanks in advance for all the advice and shared knowledge.

20260327_124132.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
AaaR2R2.gif


Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!! Sounds like you've got a great start. I think the advice issued here on the forums are excellent.
 
Hello everyone. I have wanted a saltwater aquarium for years and decided to just go for it. Got tons of help from YouTube, especially the brstv channel. But also asked so many questions to the people at my local aquarium shop 😅. I already have dozens of additional questions and thought it'd be best to get involved here! For now, take a look at my setup 🙂. I used glow in the dark paint on the back for those galaxy dots, and yes the lights charge them! I have two clownfish and a diamond goby for now. Thanks in advance for all the advice and shared knowledge.

20260327_124132.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef! I tried to do the same thing with glow in the dark paint in my freshwater tank but it didn't work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new