First Velvet Fish

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless there are any other thoughts?
Consider adding that bath in Ruby Reef Rally. It has both antibiotic and antiseptic qualities that really help the fish's immune system when done immediately after the FW dip.
Sorry for your loss :(

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your fish. I just got ick into my fish only display 300gal. Decided it’s just fish only and I do t have enough quarantine for all the large fish, so coppered the whole tank. I do not and I repeat do not recommend this! Have a Hanna checker and check once daily if not twice but because of sand and rock it changes. My puffer looked really bad yesterday so I did an immediate water change and it perked up later in the afternoon. Then yesterday I noticed my scopa didn’t eat by this morning was evident I had a secondary fin rot problem. I couldn’t catch it by myself my arms do not reach far enough in the tank but my husband was able to catch the scopa tonight and I had some furon on hand. We put the scopa in a five gal tank with a heater and air pump only. Took water from my 300reef tank and matched salinity and temp of the fish only tank. Hope the furon helps! Thanks for the information everyone, I will have to get reef rally to keep on hand also. The furon has helped me in the past. Here’s a picture of what secondary infection looks like and what I think is sepsis! Notice the red by tail, I think organ failure not sure from infection or the copper. My copper level never got above .45 and that’s when I did a water change 40gal because porcupine puffer doesn’t tolerate copper over 0.35. Gets lethargic. He’s 12+ years and has been coppered in the past I heard from previous owner. I coppered it a year ago and it didn’t eat while in copper at .4. Will see thanks for sharing and I hope the OP can get an angel and make to DT tank. This really should be easier but is so hard!
I will have to lots of water changes in 5 gal no filter use reef tank water no disease in that tank.

2153E6A1-0FB0-4801-B818-F3BB84150A3A.jpeg

DFAD3E1D-9A1B-4E98-9D03-3497640A7260.jpeg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back