First xepta autobalance in the USA

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even i was reading on Xepta since the time it was showcased at a reef exhibition in the US. Then the pandemic happened and everything went silent. After pandemic when Spain opened up for business i mailed them quiet often but as you rightly mentioned the response was utterly poor.

Then i started communicating with them over Insta, where their social media rep was responsive. Used to get replies after 2-3days, but atleast there was something. They used to tell me that its in betta phase etc and very soon they will be launching it in the market but it will be 1st given off to the distributors as there is huge amount of back orders to be fulfilled, especially in the UK.

Later when they announced their India distributor news on their Insta page somewhere in 2nd half of 2021, things started to look good, but as they say 'every joy is shortlived' nothing happened further. Neither india distributor is giving any details nor Xepta.

Btw i guess @Ardeus is the only person who got his hands on Xepta pre pandemic. Now Xepta fb page is filled with users, mostly all from europe.

So for me Xepta Autobalance is out of question :frowning-face: as far as my build in concerned.

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After two long agonizing months trying to get the xepta autobalance into the United States from Spain,greece and the United Kingdom, it finally arrived yesterday, I am getting it set up now, I have not seen anyone online in the United States with one of these so I figured I would post about it and how it works compared to the usual ones, I was using the GHL KH DIRECTOR and I honestly am not a fan of it, I had nothing but issue after issue with it ,and I was unable to get my hands on the alkatronic or the mastertronic and the KH guardian didn’t seem that great or easily obtainable, I am not aware Of any other alkalinity tester in the United States other than those ones, I will be setting up the xepta autobalance this shortly and will post along the way if anyone is interested.

373704C4-11EB-46A7-BB52-C5AE278A70CF.jpeg C456DA31-1161-4462-B447-7EFC1D60E377.jpeg BFC41BED-64E9-4B68-B5C6-8064B381C6E8.jpeg 23526275-1384-4167-92F3-6472BB822D4B.jpeg
I am extremely interested in this product but I am being told that it cannot be used as a standalone test device. I am told you have to buy their balling products. How are you using the Autobalance? Are you using as test alone or forced to use the dosing side of things also?

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am extremely interested in this product but I am being told that it cannot be used as a standalone test device. I am told you have to buy their balling products. How are you using the Autobalance? Are you using as test alone or forced to use the dosing side of things also?
@eg8r210 From what i have read and know about the Autobalance is, If you intend to use it only for testing then you are free to use the supplements of your choice.

Its only when you are using it for testing and auto dosing depending on the test and set value, you have to use their own balling supplements as the sensor is programmed for specific concentration.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back