Fish addition

Letmeusemyemail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking into another addition for my rsr350. It’s been established for about 8 months now and stable. I do have some spots of red hair algae, but trying to keep it in check with manual removal and water changes. I have been dosing pods for the past 4 months to build up a colony with the hopes of getting a mandarin. Current inhabitants are a pair of clowns, a royal gramma, a small blue hippo tang, skunk cleaner shrimp and a goby with a pistol shrimp.
My addition list would be to
red marble starfish or a sand sifting star,
A mandarin, or red scooter,
Sexy shrimp
Fox face
Or a flasher wrasse.
I am afraid that the mandarin and the starfish and scooter may be too much and compete for food.
To be clear, I’m not looking to add everything but wanted a best opinion. Or maybe another suggestion I didn’t think of.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking into another addition for my rsr350. It’s been established for about 8 months now and stable. I do have some spots of red hair algae, but trying to keep it in check with manual removal and water changes. I have been dosing pods for the past 4 months to build up a colony with the hopes of getting a mandarin. Current inhabitants are a pair of clowns, a royal gramma, a small blue hippo tang, skunk cleaner shrimp and a goby with a pistol shrimp.
My addition list would be to
red marble starfish or a sand sifting star,
A mandarin, or red scooter,
Sexy shrimp
Fox face
Or a flasher wrasse.
I am afraid that the mandarin and the starfish and scooter may be too much and compete for food.
To be clear, I’m not looking to add everything but wanted a best opinion. Or maybe another suggestion I didn’t think of.

How much water does a RSR350 hold?

Here is a link to feeder if you are seriously thinking about adding mandarin, as so many starve. I also have 2 flat brine shrimp hatcheries so I can have one with shrimp and one getting ready to have shrimp hatching at all times so there can be daily feedings (might get 3rd hatcher).

OP
OP
L

Letmeusemyemail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much water does a RSR350 hold?

Here is a link to feeder if you are seriously thinking about adding mandarin, as so many starve. I also have 2 flat brine shrimp hatcheries so I can have one with shrimp and one getting ready to have shrimp hatching at all times so there can be daily feedings (might get 3rd hatcher).
I’m prob at 70 gallons after displacement of sand and rock work.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m prob at 70 gallons after displacement of sand and rock work.

Is 70g enough for your blue tang?

Is that foxface OR wrasse - vote wrasse as personally feel every tank benefits from having a wrasse

thought minimum for blue tang was 100g - longer tanks are better than tall tanks, so tangs have swimming distance. My tangs like to sprint and wish I had 8' or longer but don't (yet)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back