Fish advise

  • Thread starter Thread starter nud476
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nud476

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
17
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Huntsville and relatively new to salt water, I have a 65 gallon that has been set up for about 10 months that has 2 clowns, 1 Flame Angel and a Flame Hawkfish; 1 clove coral, and 3 little Zoa frags on an island rock

Q1. This weekend I introduced 4 fish; 2 damsels, Diamond Goby and Royal Gama and my Hawkfish LOST ITS MIND and brutally attacked everything. So, I caught him and put him in the sump... the royal gamma lost a fin, but everything survived. Do I need to try and find a good home for this Flame Hawkfish or is there a way he can be reintroduced? Its a really cool fish, but I dont want him killing everything. I think I read somewhere that Hawkfish dont really like Gobies, blennies or Gammas?
Q2. My new diamond Goby is covering my Zoa island rock. Completely covering it...its actually entertaining to watch, he works his butt off moving sand from all over. Question is can I put a new rock in there and deter him from using that rock, or would it be easier to relocate the Zoa's...Zoas kinda need light and cant get that underneath sand.

Thanks for the help, does anyone in the forum ever meet up anywhere local?
Thanks again,
Sean
 
I'm in Huntsville and relatively new to salt water, I have a 65 gallon that has been set up for about 10 months that has 2 clowns, 1 Flame Angel and a Flame Hawkfish; 1 clove coral, and 3 little Zoa frags on an island rock

Q1. This weekend I introduced 4 fish; 2 damsels, Diamond Goby and Royal Gama and my Hawkfish LOST ITS MIND and brutally attacked everything. So, I caught him and put him in the sump... the royal gamma lost a fin, but everything survived. Do I need to try and find a good home for this Flame Hawkfish or is there a way he can be reintroduced? Its a really cool fish, but I dont want him killing everything. I think I read somewhere that Hawkfish dont really like Gobies, blennies or Gammas?
Q2. My new diamond Goby is covering my Zoa island rock. Completely covering it...its actually entertaining to watch, he works his butt off moving sand from all over. Question is can I put a new rock in there and deter him from using that rock, or would it be easier to relocate the Zoa's...Zoas kinda need light and cant get that underneath sand.

Thanks for the help, does anyone in the forum ever meet up anywhere local?
Thanks again,
Sean
Probably yes. Flame hawks if they had horns would be a relative of the devil. At a time, I always wanted one. Finally found a nice one and it went after my anthias, flame angel, ate all my shrimps and tried to steal all the food - Never again for me
 
The sump is the home for the "devil."

My sand sifter casts sand everywhere. If you move the island and it doesn't bury them in the new location I think you should try it? Otherwise, find a higher location for the zoa's with more current to prevent/deter the burial fish from working in that location and let the water currents clean the zoa's if the fish can't be deterred in his vulgar spitting habit.
michaela coel netflix GIF by Chewing Gum Gifs
:face-with-hand-over-mouth:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new