Fish Aggression

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i had 2 pyramid butterfly fish in QT for nearly a month they finished QT so i added them to my DT this morning now the one spot rabbit fish keeps chasing them so they cant really leave the corner hes not aggressive towards any of my other fish so this really surprises me. will this subside? or will i have to remove the rabbitfish? maybe turn the lights off for the day? maybe some other suggestions if i have to remove the rabbit fish i suppose i can get a trap hes the first to go for the nori clip when i put it out so maybe i can use that to my advantage.

i was considering removing him anyway because he ate my brain coral and acans so it wouldn't be as heart breaking lol

He hasnt torn any fins or straight attacked them he just chases them down into the corner they did eat when i fed the tank at 10am

Finnaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try putting a small mirror up to the glass. It will distract the Rabbit fish and he should leave the BF's alone. This worked for a Sailfin that would not leave my Kole alone.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think my rabbit fish reads reef2reef forums about me possibly re homing him because he seems to have cooled it off chasing them for now lol ill see how it is tomorrow after the lights turn back on

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think my rabbit fish reads reef2reef forums about me possibly re homing him because he seems to have cooled it off chasing them for now lol ill see how it is tomorrow after the lights turn back on

I’ll help you out then ...STOP EATING HIS CORALS or you’ll become fish pie!

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update that the chasing lasted for a day now he completely ignores them and the pyramids swim all around the tank maybe he just wanted to show them whose boss whats funny is a day later one of my anthias started chasing them too for some odd reason now he stopped as well after a day

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back