Fish and Treatment Guidelines (with chart)

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that my fish are all doing very well, and eating well in coppersafe

Thank you! That's very kind of you. I'm very glad to hear your fish are doing well for you. :) That's the best part!

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! It took a couple days and lots of back and forth between all of us on experiences and tips ect.
Meredith...I believe that you told me some time ago that you knew how to get in touch with Scott W. Michael...I have a question about feeding with clam shells...if you look under the fish forum, I go through it in some detail...any help would be appreciated...Ken

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meredith...I believe that you told me some time ago that you knew how to get in touch with Scott W. Michael...I have a question about feeding with clam shells...if you look under the fish forum, I go through it in some detail...any help would be appreciated...Ken

I dont think that was me sweetie. I know some other people in the industry, but I don't think I know him. I'll go take a look at the thread though.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question if I may in regards to copper treatment. I have a goby that I want to put through copper but he's literally no bigger than 3/4in, and I'm worried that he is so small that it'll be too harsh. I can certainly do ttm but with how prevalent velvet is I'm not sure I want to take that risk. What is your opinion on this situation @melypr1985?

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question if I may in regards to copper treatment. I have a goby that I want to put through copper but he's literally no bigger than 3/4in, and I'm worried that he is so small that it'll be too harsh. I can certainly do ttm but with how prevalent velvet is I'm not sure I want to take that risk. What is your opinion on this situation @melypr1985?

What goby is it? Yasha haze? yellow rose? I've put the yellow rose goby through copper no problem. I think with care, it should be just fine. The size of the fish doesn't dictate their ability to withstand copper treatment. it's an individual thing in most cases. Try it slowly, if they display copper intolerance, then you can always switch to TTM.

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What goby is it? Yasha haze? yellow rose? I've put the yellow rose goby through copper no problem. I think with care, it should be just fine. The size of the fish doesn't dictate their ability to withstand copper treatment. it's an individual thing in most cases. Try it slowly, if they display copper intolerance, then you can always switch to TTM.
If you need a good source for Chloquine Phosphate, I have it...

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry it's a green banded goby. I've always used coppersafe.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great work.. very nice.. that had to take some time and putting all the information together like that.. nice..
on ttm my angels have been fine doing it.. but when I ttm I do it daily.. I can say for sure that ammonia rises just after 12 hours. i have lost some angels to ttm from ammonia. again.. great work...

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I remembered this list was here, as I just tried to put 2 already beat up Lyre Tail Anthias that I bought at a discount through CP. One died after 48hours the other 72hours.:(

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I remembered this list was here, as I just tried to put 2 already beat up Lyre Tail Anthias that I bought at a discount through CP. One died after 48hours the other 72hours.:(

Never use CP on wrasses, anthias or Hippo Tangs. At least for the time being.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too, Mel! They were already looking rough. Thought I could maybe save them. I feel bad [emoji17]

Don't feel bad for trying your best. :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back