Fish behavior

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ebtbmom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ebtbmom

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2022
Messages
28
Reaction score
46
Location
Waco
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone noticed a change in behavior in your fish after the death of one? I only had 4 fish and very sadly lost my royal gramma who was best buds with my pj cardinal. My cardinal has been acting very differently and honestly kinda mean since the loss. I though pjs were peaceful but she’s been going after anyone that comes near her. Could she be feeling less safe since her buddy died? Should I get her a companion, do fish grieve?
 
What makes you think they were best buds? I remember someone posting on reddit how their two dwarf angels were best buds because they swam next to each other but it was honestly just two fish sizing each other up.

I have had fish become aggressive when one dies... this is simply because the pecking order changed.

Maybe the PJ was trying to "school" with the gramma? Since he the only PJ? and now feels vulnerable and defensive?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new