Fish breeding lighting question

  • Thread starter Thread starter smhray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

smhray

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
86
Reaction score
27
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was just wondering what type of light and lighting schedule I would need to breed both cardinal fish and clownfish. Do I need a certain quality of light for the parents or babies or will I be able to get away with a basic LED with no dimming/light schedule. Thanks for any input!
 
Basic lighting should work! You just have to keep the lighting schedule consistent (like on a timer), so that you can easily manipulate the light to mimic seasons or other environmental cues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new