Fish Breeding Tank Showoff & Info Thread!

Fuzzybob4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool so do you have a spung filter in the two 10 gallons?
And once they hatch how do you keep them so they don't get sucked into the filtration? Do you have shutoff valves for the return and were the water is removed?

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool so do you have a spung filter in the two 10 gallons?
And once they hatch how do you keep them so they don't get sucked into the filtration? Do you have shutoff valves for the return and were the water is removed?
well i dont add sponge filter till 20th day in my fry tanks, cause thats when i stop using rotifers and greenwater, spongefilter and those 2 wont mix cause it will pollute sponge filter faster than you think...and as far as when they hatch there is no filtration, gotta count on water changes on third day and maybe 6thday till after meta, thats usually about 13th day for me then mix in tiny food called otoA till 20th day then transfer all my fry to a 20high and feed only flake,bbs and otoA,B then your tasks are much easier from that day on....

Fuzzybob4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you use an airstone in the 10 g until you put the fish in the 20 g with a spung filter. So you don't have a filtration system? ".and as far as when they hatch there is no filtration"

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you use an airstone in the 10 g until you put the fish in the 20 g with a spung filter. So you don't have a filtration system? ".and as far as when they hatch there is no filtration"
thats right no filtration only 10 gallon airstone and a heater, oh and a little prime for ammonia, but very little to get me to day 6-7 for a small water change!

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still working on the return side but if you do whats in your sketch it will be huge

breader.jpg

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lolz. Yeah.

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice setups everyone wish i had the time> It is amazing the evolution of the industry.

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude! I didn't realize that you actually did the sketchup!!! SWEET!!! Check out this...

001-10.jpg

8-5-2011-028_edited-1.jpg

A few small plumbing changes but yea man there she is :)

can i ask what are the valves for on the drains? why are they needed.is it so u can use for grow out an or fry system?

Ch3tt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought i would share a couple pics of my breeder setup. I custom made these tanks myself, it was really fun and I love the way they turned out! I had this system up and running for about a year until my wife wanted her spare bedroom back so we could turn it into a human nursery instead of a clownfish nursery. :) I am in the process of setting it up in a different location. I'm excited to have it up and running again. Let me know what you think!

Breeder001.jpg

Breeder002.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back