Fish Breeding Tank Showoff & Info Thread!

Coral Dreams

ULTRA REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ch3tt ,
I was looking at the breeder tanks you made, What are the dimensions and your setup looks very clean what is that in the middle of the rack is it some kind of support?

Ch3tt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for the super late reply! the tanks are 42" long, 11" front to back and 14" tall. Each chamber holds about 11 gallons of water. The thing in the middle is a tie down strap that i used for a little extra support. The shelves started to sag just a fraction of an inch so i threw that on there so it would be nice and level.

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought i would share a couple pics of my breeder setup. I custom made these tanks myself, it was really fun and I love the way they turned out! I had this system up and running for about a year until my wife wanted her spare bedroom back so we could turn it into a human nursery instead of a clownfish nursery. :) I am in the process of setting it up in a different location. I'm excited to have it up and running again. Let me know what you think!

Breeder001.jpg

Breeder002.jpg
Thats a very nice breeding setup..Professional look

Mr Cob

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, wish I had a fish room! Some amazing setups. My tanks are scattered across the house. Here is my 4 stall broodstock system and a 2 stall growout. I had to try and make it somewhat presentable since it's between the kitchen and living room :)

They are on tall 42" stands to keep up and away from the kids. COmplete sumps/refugiums/skimmers in the stands.

attachment.php

180galreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does everyone feed the "freshly" hatched clowns? and at what stages do they switch to something else?

I.E day 0-10 is this and 11-20 is this.... So on and so forth

Elegance Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

James Hopkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great looking tank. Do you have problems with clear dividers? I tried that and they didn't lay because they kept fighting through the glass.
I had to make a tank is separated visually.

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try and get some more pictures up soon of my facility and system designs. I've come a long way since my OP in 2011 growing Alpha. I actually just redesigned my brood systems in the last 6 months. So much new stuff to share! Thanks for contributing to this thread everyone! Reef2Reef is where I started learning and is still the best! Cheers!

serenade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try and get some more pictures up soon of my facility and system designs. I've come a long way since my OP in 2011 growing Alpha. I actually just redesigned my brood systems in the last 6 months. So much new stuff to share! Thanks for contributing to this thread everyone! Reef2Reef is where I started learning and is still the best! Cheers!

Alpha Aquaculture I tried to send you a pm but you're box is full I have a couple of questions about your set up and process as well as about some of the your fish.

Elegance Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. Do you have problems with clear dividers? I tried that and they didn't lay because they kept fighting through the glass.
I had to make a tank is separated visually.

Sorry I missed this..........
Yes, I have had that problem. I don't any more. Fish are like people. Sometimes they like their neighbors. Sometimes they don't.
As the fish were maturing, I had to move a couple of pairs that didn't get along with their neighbors. I also had to split up a couple of pairs that didn't work out. They all get along pretty well now though.
In the long run, I think it helps for them to see and smell what their neighbors are doing. I have pairs that are obviously to young to spawn, but they practice all the time. Clean the pot, take turns rubbing their bellies on the pot, and shimmy. I've never seen really young, solo, pairs in a reef tank do that.

Peace
EC

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back