OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the cloudiness. Just cleaned the glass and I put in new corals.

3lights.jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We certainly ran into issues in the man cave during this cold snap. It literally rained in the room. Messed up two prints in progress, ruined the display on a printer and just generally caused a mess.

Working on solutions to the issue.

First off, I am getting the exhaust fan in and second, moving the printers into the closet after I insulate the ceiling in there and put in a space heater.

I did get some pretty corals on the way home from Montgomery Tuesday.

And, the powder brown I got from a buddy is doing very well. At first he got picked on and stayed in a corner.

I will update with pics soon.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add that I got a bunch of the vinyl siding done. Should have all of it I can reach done soon then my buddy Michael takes over.

I also figured out a water change routine that should allow me to change out about 15% in about 20 minutes not including mixing and heating. I have a 55 gallon barrel with a float valve on it filling right now. The valve should shut off right at 50 gallons maybe 52. It’s hard to calculate given the barrel has rounded top and bottom.

I will throw a heater, pump that does about 300 gph at the height I need and salt in shortly should be filled by midnight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing they don’t tell you when you have two strokes is that you catch every ailment that goes around. I have had Covid twice, stomach flu and now a wicked head cold all in one year. It sucks but I am luckier than most who have had two. Usually its a death sentence or at the very least, a disability. My only forced limitation is no ladders or riding my bicycle.

Was planning on doing the big water change and then filling the barrel for the next round today. I have been feeling rough for a couple day and didn’t wake up until 10:45 this morning. So no aquarium work today. Boss’ orders.

Oh well, guess I’ll watch a movie or something

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite being sick still, I managed to get more vinyl up today with sherry’s help. Cleaned my fish room up and vacuumed and cleaned up the biocube and sold it.

I feel pretty rough and am turning in for the night hopefully tomorrow I can finish my part of the vinyl. Then Michael takes over.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still stinking sick. My part of the vinyl is done.

made a deal to get all new rock for the twelve footer. Gonna cycle it in a big tub and then pull the old rock and clean the sand.

Should make it a lot easier on the fish and me.

:)

I need to get a new bottle of microbacter. I have Tims ammonia. Should be a clean, quick cycle.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling some better. Got this done today

E23300C7-6A5E-461A-BEF6-6D11E84F1B07.jpeg

my buddy still has to do the high part of this wall

FB4B82BC-7C39-40C0-96AD-1086C1FABCFD.jpeg

since I can’t reach it without a ladder.

My WWC order came in today. Pretty good except the digi was knocked off the plug. Glued it back. Hope it’s ok.

I will take photos tomorrow.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out the cloudiness in the 187. It’s micro bubbles. I can’t hardly believe it but that’s what it is. I have to reroute the emergency drain from the 12 foot tank and the output from the UV.

I believe that will fix it.

I am also switching to poly fil tomorrow from socks for a while and plan on at least a couple days a week after that to polish the water. I have a 20 pound box that says it’ll be here. I printed cups to replace the socks.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy Michael came by and did the upper part of the last wall of vinyl siding today!

sidingphoto2.jpg

Need to paint the gable vent. But it looks so much better.

Waiting on the line covers for minisplit to come in so I can hide the hoses and such.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we made more of a plan for the rest of the house last night. Since we are empty nesters now, we are going move everything we can into Daniels old room for storage and get Sherry’s office done first. This will be sort of a test room to see if I still have it in me to do a total remodel and to see if we want to refinish all the hardwood or cover it. It’s all in pretty rough shape and there will be areas that need patching.

we plan on starting of February and hope to be done in a little over a month.

If all goes well, we will move on to turning Tim’s old room into a big walk in closet and then expanding the master bedroom.

That will probably be all for this year.

unfortunately no tanks in the house.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we made more of a plan for the rest of the house last night. Since we are empty nesters now, we are going move everything we can into Daniels old room for storage and get Sherry’s office done first. This will be sort of a test room to see if I still have it in me to do a total remodel and to see if we want to refinish all the hardwood or cover it. It’s all in pretty rough shape and there will be areas that need patching.

we plan on starting of February and hope to be done in a little over a month.

If all goes well, we will move on to turning Tim’s old room into a big walk in closet and then expanding the master bedroom.

That will probably be all for this year.

unfortunately no tanks in the house.

Let me offer some input. Considering you can barely get from the car in the car port to the house, I suggest you hire someone. Actually not just someone but a professional. I mean, let’s face it, hiring a non-professional someone would only yield results as good as the work you’d do and no one wants that!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back