Fish compatability question.

Stephensx04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a bit of advise. I have a 112 gallon 5 foot tank. Current stock list is couple clowns, few chromis, few cardnals, sailfin tang, mimic tang, bristletooth tang, hippo, and a wrasse. All get along great. Been all together for over a year. Was at my local pet store and they had a very small purple tang for sale. And by small I mean size of a quarter. Would I have any issues adding this fish? Wife really likes the purple tang. TIA

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a bit of advise. I have a 112 gallon 5 foot tank. Current stock list is couple clowns, few chromis, few cardnals, sailfin tang, mimic tang, bristletooth tang, hippo, and a wrasse. All get along great. Been all together for over a year. Was at my local pet store and they had a very small purple tang for sale. And by small I mean size of a quarter. Would I have any issues adding this fish? Wife really likes the purple tang. TIA
Assuming a "few" means at least 3, you've got at least 13 fish already. I would not advise adding more.

OP
OP
Stephensx04

Stephensx04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming a "few" means at least 3, you've got at least 13 fish already. I would not advise adding more.
Yea its allot. Really like the movement and I feel having more fish keeps the aggression down as they get lost in the group if they start chasing one another. But yea I might be at my limit.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She didn't like that answer. Lol
You're not doing your fish any favors by cramming them in... Unless you're planning to re-home some of them when they get too big (assuming they're all small now), you are drastically overstocking your tank.

OP
OP
Stephensx04

Stephensx04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not doing your fish any favors by cramming them in... Unless you're planning to re-home some of them when they get too big (assuming they're all small now), you are drastically overstocking your tank.
Yes I know one day I will have to rehome a few. The hippo is still small. Got him as a baby. And most of my fish are small

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back