Fish Compatibility question!

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow Coris wrasse in my cube that I would like to put in my larger tank. In my cube there’s 1 cromie, 1 Midas blenny, 2 clowns, fish shrimp and 2 watchmen gobies

my larger tank is a 105g peninsula wate

I currently have
2 clownfish,
1 fox face,
1 6line wrasse,
2 tangs (yellow and scopas tang) theyre both small
1 bi color blenny (black body yellow tail)
1 royal gamma

everyone gets along great. The tank boss seems to be the fox face which is the largest fish in the tank and usually gets in the way of anyone that starts to mean mug.

Usually the only 2 fish that get into an argument seem to be the blenny and royal gamma. They go to each others hole and just stare at each other then go back to their caves lol

Now is it ok to add the yellow coris wrasse to my tank?

Attached is an older picture of my tank from December.

B144C465-C3DF-4571-8B87-AC511391C31E.jpeg

vbollinger15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 6line wrasse might be a problem but if you get a yellow coris wrasse that’s bigger than the 6line you should be fine.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man… don’t tell me that
Half the fish in my tank shouldn't co-exist - yet they do, ie: pair of dwarf angelfish, three blue devil and azure damsels, two make red fairy anthias, a peaceful sixline wrasse (which may be worth a small fortune) and a reef-safe emperor angel (definitely worth a small fortune).

This is offset by a melanarus wrasse that eats elegance corals, a midnight dwarf angelfish that eats acans and a quoy's parrotfish that picks on my nassarius snails.

welsher7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said the six line will be the only concern. Do you have an acclimation box that you could use for the yellow coris wrasse. I'm just thinking about how hard it will be to catch the six line or coris wrasse if things go south.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said the six line will be the only concern. Do you have an acclimation box that you could use for the yellow coris wrasse. I'm just thinking about how hard it will be to catch the six line or coris wrasse if things go south.
I do not.

I was thinking of adding the coris wrasse tonight when lights go off in the larger tank so everyone is asleep and the coris wrasse can explore the tank without the stress of other fish

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back