Fish Death

jic22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I need some advice guys. Not sure if you guys read my last post but I was planning on getting a blue spotted puffer. He was quarantined at my lfs for a week and was doing great. I added him to my tank about two weeks ago and he seemed okay. In the tank I have a clown fish, foxface and coral beauty one day about a week ago I woke up to find the puffer had passed. I went right away to have my water tested and everything seemed okay and normal so I assumed it was just some freak accident. However yesterday I noticed my coral beauty which I had for about 2-3 years had died and im not sure what to do. Do you guys think its something in the tank? Are the other fish at risk? Mind you they all seemed normal until the died the puffer seemed to move a bit slow but I thought that may have been just his personality. It may just be sad coincidence but I'm not sure.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did the fish act before dying? Did they continue eating? Breathing fast? Swimming into flow? If you have any pics it would help.
Puffers are pretty slow moving fish so that wouldn’t be too concerning to me.
A week of qt won’t stop anything though, so it is likely that a disease slipped through and is now in the tank - the trick is figuring out what.

OP
OP
J

jic22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have pics sadly but the puffer seemed to be breathing fast before he died while the coral beauty seemed like nothing was wrong. They both ate before I found them dead.

OP
OP
J

jic22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill keep an eye on everything. thinking it may just be weird coincidence.

Back