Fish deaths

Reeferboy92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay hobbyists I have a question and I cannot seem to get my head around this. I have a 112 gallon tank. I keep my salinity at 102.5 I do weekly water changes 15 gallons. My ammonia is 0 nitrate at 10ppt nitrite is 0 ph 8.2 equipment I have on the tank 2 hydra 26 2 maxxspec gyre a reef octopus 150 int skimmer a 25 watt I’ve sterilizer a cheato reactor. Live stock a porcupine puffer that I had for a year, foxface that had for 5 months, desjardini tang for 3 months and a pyramid butterfly for 4 months. They are all healthy and eating fine. Now this is what I’m having problems with any other type of fish I try to put in the tank they end up dying. They will be fine for a week or 2 and that’s it. But usually I can get the same type of fish and be okay

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of fish are you adding and what happens to them? if they're smaller fish i believe porcupine puffers are open to eating small fish.

OP
OP
R

Reeferboy92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of fish are you adding and what happens to them? if they're smaller fish i believe porcupine puffers are open to eating small fish.
I’ve lost a panther grouper, sailfin tang, scopas tang. I’ll have them in qt for a month and they are fine I add them to the main display and they last about a week or 2

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back