Fish Disease or too much flow?

BTReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just added a couple clowns to my first tank a few days ago. They seem to be thriving when I feed them and act normal if I have the power head turned off. I have a 1150 GPH power head in a 50 gallon tank.
Video link of the abnormal behavior-

link of feeding with no power head

Thanks in advance
Brian

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything seems normal to me. Yes; swimming into the flow of a power head is an indicator of fish disease (think Velvet or Brook), but it doesn't seem like that to me.

Were they in quarantine prior to going in the display tank?

OP
OP
B

BTReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I realize quarantining them is the best, its my first tank ever and have no other life in the tank. In the future il definitely have a quarantine setup of some sort but that just wasn’t in the budget to start.

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just added a couple clowns to my first tank a few days ago. They seem to be thriving when I feed them and act normal if I have the power head turned off. I have a 1150 GPH power head in a 50 gallon tank.
Video link of the abnormal behavior-

link of feeding with no power head

Thanks in advance
Brian

Looks like normal clown fish behavior. They are definitely a weird and interesting fish to watch!

OP
OP
B

BTReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ever you get the opportunity, watch them in the middle of the night during their "sleep/rest cycle". It's amazing and interesting to see. They look almost lifeless, but perk up once they see you.
Funny you say that, last night I walked by the tank and one of the two seemed to be completely lifeless at the bottom the other was hardly moving at all and i flipped my living room light on and they shot right up and started moving around lol

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you say that, last night I walked by the tank and one of the two seemed to be completely lifeless at the bottom the other was hardly moving at all and i flipped my living room light on and they shot right up and started moving around lol
Lol mine do it every night. I watch them and my tangs just drift for a minute in the mornings.

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ever you get the opportunity, watch them in the middle of the night during their "sleep/rest cycle". It's amazing and interesting to see. They look almost lifeless, but perk up once they see you.
its funny you mention that my tomato clown has cleaned 1 corner of my tank to remove all the sand and sleeps on the buttom glass as soon as the lights go off she swims into the corner and lays down flat its funny to see i should take a video one day

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 48 44.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back