Fish Facts with Quality Marine, Episode 1 - Reef Safe Triggerfish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Good basic info on three very cool fish . . .

And a great idea for a video series!

Nice to get a peek into Quality Marines' facility, as well.

~Bruce

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Very Nice Video
I guess it is time to add a crosshatch ?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Good basic info on three very cool fish . . .

And a great idea for a video series!

Nice to get a peek into Quality Marines' facility, as well.

~Bruce

Thanks for the compliments and I am stoked to get this series going. Any suggestions for future fish to feature?

-Robert @ MD

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Does Quality Marine sell to the public or just wholesale to LFS?

They do not offer sale to the public but are one of the largest fish and coral wholesale companies in the US with customers all over the world! Contact your local fish store or inquire directly to find a store in your area with Quality Marine livestock.

-Robert @ MD

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
I say, if the tank is large enough, do it! Crosshatch Triggerfish are really stunning.

-Robert @ MD

Should be enough it is 180 gallons you can check it by yourself Robert from the link in the signature :)

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Should be enough it is 180 gallons you can check it by yourself Robert from the link in the signature :)
Gorgeous Tank man, great work! Cleaner shrimp are always a hoot when you stick your hand in the tank, makes me laugh everytime.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments and I am stoked to get this series going. Any suggestions for future fish to feature?

-Robert @ MD

Hey, Robert!

I'd suggest fish - like the triggers - where you can impart some useful information, or bust a myth, such as "all damsels are the spawn of Satan", "Which angelfish are the most reef-safe", or "All parrotfish eat live coral and poop beaches". Other great topics might include fish that are _very_ tempting, such as mandarins, butterflies or Achilles tangs, and what needs to happen in order for those fish to be cared for appropriately.

Another great group to feature would be the increasing number of fish that are being captive-bred.

Just a few off the top . . .

~Bruce (Who has a blue-jaw triggerfish and a recalcitrant Quoy's parrotfish, and wants a pair of green mandarins and an Achilles tang . . . (9_9)

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey, Robert!

I'd suggest fish - like the triggers - where you can impart some useful information, or bust a myth, such as "all damsels are the spawn of Satan", "Which angelfish are the most reef-safe", or "All parrotfish eat live coral and poop beaches". Other great topics might include fish that are _very_ tempting, such as mandarins, butterflies or Achilles tangs, and what needs to happen in order for those fish to be cared for appropriately.

Another great group to feature would be the increasing number of fish that are being captive-bred.

Just a few off the top . . .

~Bruce (Who has a blue-jaw triggerfish and a recalcitrant Quoy's parrotfish, and wants a pair of green mandarins and an Achilles tang . . . (9_9)

+1 For Angels and Butterflies love them all.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions, these are some unique ideas. I think my next will be Dragonets because of the popularity and some of the misconception about feeding. I also really like the idea of "Sustainable/Captive-Bred Reef Tank Fish". Keep the ideas coming!

-Robert @ MD

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I think the biggest thing for me would be a video that basically reads the description on liveaquaria. One of the first things I do when I see a fish I like is look it up on there and go to YouTube. The issue is that not much is on YouTube. There is a severe lack of information vids for individual fish.

I think your next idea is great to talk about dragonets.

Specific fish I'd like to see are the different lions.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I think the biggest thing for me would be a video that basically reads the description on liveaquaria. One of the first things I do when I see a fish I like is look it up on there and go to YouTube. The issue is that not much is on YouTube. There is a severe lack of information vids for individual fish.

I think your next idea is great to talk about dragonets.

Specific fish I'd like to see are the different lions.

Thanks for watching and I think this will be a great video series to really help out the aquarium community.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back