Fish finder 325 Gallon Peninsula Build

MICU murse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MICU murse that's really funny. I had to let her get another dog for the OK on this build. It was a good deal.
IMG_0366.JPG

Clearly a solid strategy, I’m definitely following along for the build, I could definitely learn a thing or two.
IMG_1178.JPG

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also can't forget 2 RFG on the returns
image.jpg
Nice! - how are they working out so far?

looks like you have them plenty deep enough. You may even be able to bring them closer to the surface a bit. Keep in mind that the flow exiting the nozzle will sweep out in approx 30 degree angles, so if you raise them up just a bit you can cover more space and distance.

lighting looks awesome - is that LED with T5?

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics That is a homemade T5 combo. Old 4-bulbs cut down into single reflectors and put on each side and between the LEDs, total of 6 bulbs. Just to cut down shadowing and hopefully add more spectrum.

The returns can handle some water that's for sure. They need some adjusting nothing is set yet, I have them low because they keep sucking in air. Any reasons for that?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics That is a homemade T5 combo. Old 4-bulbs cut down into single reflectors and put on each side and between the LEDs, total of 6 bulbs. Just to cut down shadowing and hopefully add more spectrum.

The returns can handle some water that's for sure. They need some adjusting nothing is set yet, I have them low because they keep sucking in air. Any reasons for that?
Yea - this can happen in higher flow scenarios. you can minimize this by doing a few things. What's the estimated GPH?
  • Try rotating the nozzle so that one of the back fins is pointed straight up
  • Make them more parallel with surface of the water, or even slight pointed up 3-5 degrees.

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quitting early today. We got the water cleared up pretty good. Did the aquascaping. It looks pretty good, if anyone has any suggestions please feel free! The aqua spa in included a few tester corals that were encrusted. If they continue to look good then I'll all of it. It has to be added soon anyway. Tomorrow I'm going to start testing parameters. Here's the pics.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back