Fish for a 20-Gallon Frag Tank?

Rob1208

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently cycling a 20-gallong frag tank and I would like to have a few fish in there. I was thing a tail-spot blenny and maybe a six-line wrasse, for their practical purposes. I would love to throw two black/designer clowns in there as well.

Am I overdoing it?
Are there other fish I should be looking at instead?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Rob1208

Rob1208

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking for fish specifically for coral duty?
The tank is in my home office so I want some movement. I know I’m limited on what I can have in there, so I do want to make sure that most of the fish serve a purpose. The coral are the point of the tank, so yes, it makes sense to have every fish serve a purpose for the coral. But I also want something I can watch.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is in my home office so I want some movement. I know I’m limited on what I can have in there, so I do want to make sure that most of the fish serve a purpose. The coral are the point of the tank, so yes, it makes sense to have every fish serve a purpose for the coral. But I also want something I can watch.
I meant is it for display (viewing) or will you actively be growing coral frags for sale (etc.)

OP
OP
Rob1208

Rob1208

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant is it for display (viewing) or will you actively be growing coral frags for sale (etc.)
A bit of both really. I’ll be growing frags from my show tank at first. May end up selling someday. But I want a few fish in there to give it some motion.

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my six line, probably the best for a 20 G frag tank. My LFS has one in each of their coral tanks. That six line is in fact my 3rd, and I never had any problem with them.
First one I killed by mistake, because I took a rock out to scrubb the bubble algae, and it was hidden inside. Found it dead in my sink....
The second one jumped if I remember correctly.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six line on 20. O say no. I would never recommend a six line in any tank for aggression. A 20 those are small fish for a six line. That said if for pest ok but I recommend staying away. They can be ok when small but as they grow and mature watch

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back