Fish help

Slyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hadn’t seen my wrasse in a couple weeks, today I go to stir up the sand bed and it came out. The water was dirty from stirring up the sand but I saw where he went back into the sand and once cleared out some food in and gently wiggled the sand around him hoping he would come and eat. He just lay on the sand bed and after about 5 minutes went back into the sand. Labored breathing and not looking great, he is probably 5 years old and wondering if he is dying from old age.. if he is should I take him out and freeze him so it’s quickly? A couple videos I took him

Attachments

• IMG_6667.mov
    28.7 MB
  • IMG_6668.mov
    19.1 MB
OP
OP
Slyler

Slyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t look like the videos uploaded… is there an easy way to get them uploaded?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your stir could have released some ammonia.
Maybe you scared the crap out of him.
Cant see the video…..age 5 years….old age not out of the question.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear about your fish. Freezing is not really considered 'humane' but clove oil can work. Being Christmas that might be difficult. I might just wait it out. 5 years is nearing old age. More importantly, are the other fish in your tank doing well - and have you added anything else new that could have brought a disease into the tank

OP
OP
Slyler

Slyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t added anything to the tank since the end of summer. I did start dosing some nopox about 2 months ago. All the other fish are doing great and eating and out.

Sorry about the freezing. I just wanted to be nice to the fish and not make him suffer. I haven’t seen him in the tank for about 7-10 days and only noticed when I was stirring the sand.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haven’t added anything to the tank since the end of summer. I did start dosing some nopox about 2 months ago. All the other fish are doing great and eating and out.

Sorry about the freezing. I just wanted to be nice to the fish and not make him suffer. I haven’t seen him in the tank for about 7-10 days and only noticed when I was stirring the sand.
its fine

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back