FISH ID ?!? + feeding

wiktor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I’ve posted this thread as an emergency because 12pm will be my last change to make food changes.

I’ve recently bought a wrasse and it was sold under fiji wrasse or something he said i can’t fully remember but it just looks like a leopard wrasse (they’re hard to keep). And i’ve fed other fish today and didn’t seem interested. I know i only added it yday so it may not be just ‘not eating’. But it also seems to keep to the top of the tank. Doesn’t go up to surface for air or anything but i’d like to confirm the species before i do research.

image.jpg

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I’ve posted this thread as an emergency because 12pm will be my last change to make food changes.

I’ve recently bought a wrasse and it was sold under fiji wrasse or something he said i can’t fully remember but it just looks like a leopard wrasse (they’re hard to keep). And i’ve fed other fish today and didn’t seem interested. I know i only added it yday so it may not be just ‘not eating’. But it also seems to keep to the top of the tank. Doesn’t go up to surface for air or anything but i’d like to confirm the species before i do research.

image.jpg
Need better pic.it is very blue. Meanwhile u can try a small meaty bite. Almost all fish loves that

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its Macropharyngodon meleagris(can't see photo clearly on my phone), they r not dificult to keep.
But,they r difficult to get established and they come with internal parasites almost always. Once u get it going, it is not so difficult to keep. If it not eats,u may have to treat it for internal parasites

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
Agreed with the above - it looks like a female Macropharyngodon meleagris.

OP
OP
W

wiktor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
i’ll attach better photo but when should i intervene it’s day 4 of it not eating. I believe it would be easy to catch as it spends most the day at surface. Maybe because i have a Male Melanurus Wrasse (larger by maybe inch -1.5 inches in length which it seems to speed at from time to time scaring it. It doesn’t go back to hiding and stays out so maybe not scared but wanting distance. so how would i go about treating it. I don’t have a. QT tank

OP
OP
W

wiktor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’ll attach better photo but when should i intervene it’s day 4 of it not eating. I believe it would be easy to catch as it spends most the day at surface. Maybe because i have a Male Melanurus Wrasse (larger by maybe inch -1.5 inches in length which it seems to speed at from time to time scaring it. It doesn’t go back to hiding and stays out so maybe not scared but wanting distance. so how would i go about treating it. I don’t have a. QT tank

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
It doesn’t look like a Macropharyngodon meleagris, it is a Macropharyngodon meleagris :)
Specifically, this is a female meleagris. If she was eating in the shop already, she will just be settling in. I personally recommend feeding Mysis with a garlic scent as usually that gets Leopards and other finicky species into feeding.

If she wasn’t feeding in the shop, do you have any photos of her poo? Usually that is the biggest sign of internal parasites in which case you should feed medicated foods.

OP
OP
W

wiktor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t look like a Macropharyngodon meleagris, it is a Macropharyngodon meleagris :)
Specifically, this is a female meleagris. If she was eating in the shop already, she will just be settling in. I personally recommend feeding Mysis with a garlic scent as usually that gets Leopards and other finicky species into feeding.

If she wasn’t feeding in the shop, do you have any photos of her poo? Usually that is the biggest sign of internal parasites in which case you should feed medicated foods.
i will find some garlic scented mysis. She’s roughly 2 inches long.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back