Fish ID Help

AnxiousReefEnjoyer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2018
Messages
41
Reaction score
43
Location
West Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs had this guy labeled as a tiger watchman goby but it looks NOTHING like any goby I've seen.

edit: more pictures further down the thread
4d11de43-bfd7-49d4-a93d-2d6b0bd3c781.jpg
0a4be10c-77bc-405e-b7f1-cf30f0965454.jpg
4c752984-2b45-456c-8a12-4bcb79b5607e.jpg
9a360ba8-5547-4f7d-9462-4712a17d1d05.jpg
91de964d-3d71-4319-855f-b411fbfaa0ea.jpg
7a0d5478-3cff-4bf3-8967-ef9030eb6e82.jpg
 
Last edited:
I think it might be a wrasse of some kind? It's been pecking at my copepod rubble pile
That could also be true, but pretty much all but one of my carnivorous fish eat the small amount of hitchhiking pods in my tank. So it would also be a wrasse.
 
Its hard to tell for me by the pictures but look up a chalk basslet and see that looks like your fish.
I'll try to get some better pictures but I don't think it is. chalk basslets don't have a dorsal fin spot and tail spot
 
What about a candy basslet? It does look somewhat similar but they are pretty different too
it has more vertical stripes and one horizontal, so I don't thinks so? I've never seen a candy with vertical stripes
 
Mystery Solved! it is a Juvenile Puddingwife Wrasse. Lil dude was returned so that he can go to an adiquite home aka NOT an aio nano
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new