Status
Not open for further replies.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, I've seen fish have the fish heart attack without being held for a pic too. I also have never seen a fish that was held for a pic end up with one of those cardiac events.

I don't base my purchasing off of pics period, but that doesn't mean other people don't. I have never seen a negative impact on any fish hamdled this way. To make such a big deal out of it seems to be tilting after windmills.

As you said, most of the fished at LFS buy you are covered in disease. Get upset about how fish are handled for weeks, not a few seconds.

PSLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what about when you go fishing??

Do you get angry at people that reel in a fish and take it out of the water to get the hook out and take a few pics? Wow

Here's my latest catch and release... out of the water, oh my! And it was just fine once back in the water and swam off!

3b5f10d7446e45f1ebb346363532d795.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MUSBFRANK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what about when you go fishing??

Do you get angry at people that reel in a fish and take it out of the water to get the hook out and take a few pics? Wow

Here's my latest catch and release... out of the water, oh my! And it was just fine once back in the water and swam off!

3b5f10d7446e45f1ebb346363532d795.jpg
Is this a sport fishing forum, go make your argument elsewhere, if you feel some sort of proud accomplishment with a pic of a little shark then good for you, if I had an issue with it then I'd go to the proper forum and discuss it, this isn't the one professor.

PSLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't matter a fish out of water is a fish out water....tank vs ocean is all the same

MUSBFRANK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't matter a fish out of water is a fish out water....tank vs ocean is all the same
Oh sure it's exactly the same, everyone on here will tell you it's exactly the same, capturing fish and pulling them out of the water and go through the entire captivity process is very much the same as catching a fish and releasing it back to the wild, into millions of gallons of its natural habitat no less, sure buddy it's exactly the same, lol!

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we are getting a little heated about this discussion and need to try and relax. I think it is accepted that pulling a fish out of water is stressful, but the couple seconds the fish is out of the water for the image is nothing to become enraged over. The few seconds out of the water is such a small amount of stress compared to the fish being captured and sent through the entire supply chain process before it ends up in a reef tank.

PSLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a sport fishing forum, go make your argument elsewhere, if you feel some sort of proud accomplishment with a pic of a little shark then good for you, if I had an issue with it then I'd go to the proper forum and discuss it, this isn't the one professor.

Actually it is.. someone is lil cranky today I see. I lll continue to take fish out water for a few seconds as there has been no fatal consequences of doing so in my experiences [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back