Fish ideas

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you sure can but add them slowly like a few at a time for the bigger ones. The smaller groups go ahead and add them all at once. Unless your adding a ton of them then no.. lol

falconut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, the blue throats are typically skittish in the beginning. So, hiding is normal for them. My female will dart into the rocks when my hand goes in. But is out swimming otherwise. Great peaceful fish.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang before would bug the new comers first few days then lose interest. But that's gonna depend on your yellow tang on what to do....you may have to dip it out and put it back in after a bit.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang before would bug the new comers first few days then lose interest. But that's gonna depend on your yellow tang on what to do....you may have to dip it out and put it back in after a bit.
FYI, the blue throats are typically skittish in the beginning. So, hiding is normal for them. My female will dart into the rocks when my hand goes in. But is out swimming otherwise. Great peaceful fish.
I want a female the most actually! My foxface even after like 9 months still does that. I was considering doing the release at night. Pick it up t lfs closing g time and release at night so it's there In the morning.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's still no guarantee that they will behave even with lights out.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why it's nice to have a backup tank to use. That's why we're thinking about setting up another tank for that purpose. We used to have multiple tanks so if it doesn't work out I just dip them out and put them into another.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 90 is the main reef, my wife's 32 cube just finished cycling, and I'm still aquiring everything for the 125 aggressive. Once that's up. I'd have a place to put them if things got crazy. I always have a 55 qt tank on hand too that I can mix up some water and get startef. I keep some sponge in my sump for good bio media to get that going if need be.

Back