Fish ideas

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The girls thinks the 90 reef needs more fish.

Current inhabitants are:
Diamond goby
Red coris wrassse
Tei color fairy wrassse
One singular clown
One spot foxface
Yellow tang.

Skimmer is a reef octopus 150 so I'm skimming plenty ;)

Any suggestions?

sricorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to add few Anthias, Flame angel and/or Black Cap Basslet for extra color.

peopleschoice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a fan a blue throat triggers I’ve had 2 in the last 2 years in my Red Sea reefer. They were model citizens never bothered any shrimp,snails, coral etc. The only thing to be weary about is that they are jumpers I lost them both due to carpet surfing lol. In my opinion as long as you have a lid on your aquarium you’re good to go

peopleschoice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that should be fine, In my experience blue throats are gentle giants. Good luck and post whatever you decide to go with

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what you want but i only buy fish to work them lol. Tangs, Copperband, Sixline Wrasse, Blimey all great workers best part they work for food to keep my tank clean.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about fire fish gobies? You can have a group of them. Group of banghaii cardinals is nice too. I find anthias too much of a pain to keep.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried the firefish. Had them, and my tri color fairy wrassse bullied them to death. I had a kole eye that I miss, I was thinking ankther kole eye, or a blue throat and a school of something

falconut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lyretail anthias are one of the easier ones, I've currently got 3 in my 180 (1 M & 2 F), only feed once a day. I love my female BT Trigger and she was in my 90 before I upgraded and was fine in it & is really growing slowly. I had an azure damsel a while back and he was peaceful along with a blue reef chromis, not the typical blue/green, which I also have. You could definitely get a dwarf angelfish, which ever you like the looks of. I also love hawkfish, currently have a longnose and had a flame, both great fish. If you like smaller fish, maybe a blenny or goby.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a diamond goby in the system now. We love royal Gramma so if it's possible to have multiple then that would be amazing. I stay away from dwarf angels as they can be nippers and I don't trust them I'll get one for the basement predator tank if I ever can get that going. I love hawkfish so that's a possibility if he wont fight with the goby.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda weird for the fairy wrasse to go after them. But I had mine before added mccosker fairy wrasse. Perhaps due to similar size.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think I'd have bio room for a blue throat, a kole eye and say 3 lyretail anthias considering my current bio load? Not looking to keep sps outside of monticap. Mostly lps and softies

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back