Fish-in cycle (Kaveman Aquatics) style.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so you wanna start a class action lawsuit against seachem then?
Because im pretty sure they would not have included that without some facts, otherwise said lawsuit incoming.

This is again coming straight from seachem.
Unless a pHD in Organic Chemistry can please explain the redox, or someone can go against the many chemist at seachem, this is what we are told.

Just two points on those exact sentences before you read the full thread:

1. Discussions of lawsuits driven by members is not permitted on reef2reef. It is directly spelled out in the terms of service.

2. Not sure what you mean by the redox. I'm happy to discuss any redox chemistry you want, but that mostly seems to relate to dechlorination, which is a redox reaction between an oxidizer (chlorine or hypochorite or chloramine) and a reducer (the Seachem product, whatever it may contain), but likely not to ammonia issues, which is not proposed to be any sort of redox reaction (by Seachem or anyone else that I have seen).

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their CEO, Greg Morin, has a PhD in chemistry.

I've talked to Greg (and his father Leo) in the past, but I was not aware that he as a chemist. Thank you for the clarification.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their CEO, Greg Morin, has a PhD in chemistry.
Maybe he & I slept together in class on Redox Friday? I don’t remember much of that class but we did have a great time mixing up chemicals that were not listed on the syllabus, if he is the same person I remember from that chem course? As I mentioned earlier, there was a lot of chemistry getting mixed up and tested right out of the beaker and my memory is properly hazy with regards to who else was there in class?

A semester of practical chemistry with lots of enthusiastic molecules flowing, those were amazing times to be alive.

(None of these claims can be substantiated from my class attendance or his?)

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I don't think there's a lot of real chemistry or R&D going on at Seachem. Most of their employees seem to be marketing people...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back