Fish kee dying

LeBon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stores selling you tangs etc for a tank that was what one month old at the time? are irresponsible and by default killing the fish as much as the new hobbysists

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me why my rank does this
That looks like sand or air going into the filter and being spat out.
What can cause it to be upset
Leathers are temperamental and will close for no reason. But poor params, inadequate flow/lighting can cause it. What kind of light are you running (sorry if I missed it)?

OP
OP
J

Joseqb77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Leathers are temperamental and will close for no reason. But poor params, inadequate flow/lighting can cause it. What kind of light are you running (sorry if I missed it)?

Attachments

• 20220406_120422.jpg
    20220406_120422.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
J

Joseqb77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been using radiant color

Attachments

• 20220406_120550.jpg
    20220406_120550.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 26

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow looks too powerful to me, nothing that will kill what you have but I would try to reduce it a bit.
Tank is too small for those fish (except the blenny) long term. That won’t kill them instantly though.
Open cabbage leather looks like this:
1649263350557.jpeg

It didn’t look too terrible in the video.

OP
OP
J

Joseqb77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow looks too powerful to me, nothing that will kill what you have but I would try to reduce it a bit.
Tank is too small for those fish (except the blenny) long term. That won’t kill them instantly though.
Open cabbage leather looks like this:
1649263350557.jpeg

It didn’t look too terrible in the video.
I have a 90 gallon also I was trying to learn b4 I set it up

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eventually, you will need to get that 90 going. i would personally get it cycling now, that way, its ready. however, for the followers of this, so far we know the following.

parameters through the course of this thread are good. feel free to look back on them if you want to confirm.

60 gal tank

many fish are all introduced at once

fish are from his LFS (not a big box store). info that has come from the LFS isnt necessarily correct, but is not blatently bad info, as far as we know

tank is fairly new. a couple months old.

fish seem to be dying at an alarming rate.

a lot of coral in a system that is only a couple months old. not necessarily a bad thing, but some of the corals dont look to be 100% happy

no major signs of disease, but no concrete evidence shown to rule it out.

i dont think its been addressed yet, but where is your water from? although probably not an issue, may as well ask it since there hasnt been any mention of it.
of all the pictures out there, that anemone has not been open a single time, so for anyone that is knowledgeable, could it be dead? and if so, could the toxins from it be causing all of this?

Last edited:

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eventually, you will need to get that 90 going. i would personally get it cycling now, that way, its ready. however, for the followers of this, so far we know the following.

parameters through the course of this thread are good. feel free to look back on them if you want to confirm.

many fish are all introduced at once

fish are from his LFS (not a big box store).

tank is fairly new. a couple months old.

fish seem to be dying at an alarming rate.

a lot of coral in a system that is only a couple months old. not necessarily a bad thing, but some of the corals dont look to be 100% happy

no major signs of disease, but no concrete evidence shown to rule it out.

i dont think its been addressed yet, but where is your water from? although probably not an issue, may as well ask it since there hasnt been any mention of it.
of all the pictures out there, that anemone has not been open a single time, so for anyone that is knowledgeable, could it be dead? and if so, could the toxins from it be causing all of this?
The thing is, any water issue I would guess would hurt the coral first right? But you may be on to something.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 117 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back