Fish list compatibility and validity

Tobiaks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have a 50g tank with a 2 inch sand bed and sump with a fuge. I’m thinking of getting the following inhabitants for it. Can I get help ensuring that there are no issues here? Not overstocked or have incompatible inhabitants?

2 clowns
1 firefish
1 six line wrasse
1 starry blenny
1 engineer goby
1 green mandarin dragonet
Blood fire shrimp, pistol shrimp, sand star, conch snail, hermits, snails, nassarius snails, emerald crab.

any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Engineer goby will get to be pretty big. LiveAquaria shows 1 foot but probably not quite that big. Why not a watchman to pair with your pistol shrimp? Everything else looks good.
A 12” fish in a 50 gallon tank can sure make a mess of things.

OP
OP
Tobiaks

Tobiaks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Engineer goby will get to be pretty big. LiveAquaria shows 1 foot but probably not quite that big. Why not a watchman to pair with your pistol shrimp? Everything else looks good.
A 12” fish in a 50 gallon tank can sure make a mess of things.
Liveaquaria also says that it recommends 55 gallons though so I thought maybe my 50 would suffice. Think that will work?

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liveaquaria also says that it recommends 55 gallons though so I thought maybe my 50 would suffice. Think that will work?
Make sure your rock is very secure as to not fall on it while it’s burrowing and if your ok with the sand bed being constantly moved then probably ok. If fine sand it’ll look cloudy always and no corals placed on the sand bed because they will constantly be moved.

leilani908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to pair a fish with the pistol, I recommend a Randall goby. I’ve never had any luck with watchmans pairing with a pistol, but the Randall paired right away! Especially if it’s a tiger pistol. Not all pistols are pairable. Also, with the mandarin dragonet, I recommend have a good amount of live copepods living in the tank, unless you plan on getting an ORA Dragonet as they’re used to frozen foods. You can get copepods sometimes from live rocks or they’ll come on your frags. I believe some say to wait until it’s fully fully established (3-6 months) so add one because by then you should have a good amount living.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back