Fish list for my 50 gal tank

Ritchie G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. This is the list of fish I want to get for my 50 gal tank I will be getting in a few months. Looking for a colorful peaceful tank and some inverts for myself and my kids to enjoy watching. Anything i should change or switch out?

2 Clown Fish
Blue Flasher Wrasse
Midas Blenny
Kauderns Cardinal
Coral Beauty
Yasha Shrimp Goby (with Randalls Pistol Shrimp)

conch
few snails
few Crabs

Thanks
Ritchie

OP
OP
R

Ritchie G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d swap the blue flasher wrasse for a dottyback. Dottybacks have more personality and the blue flashers are overly dramatic... Flame hawkfish is another great choice.
I was under the impression That the dottyback was aggressive and would attack the blenny and Goby. Its a beautiful fish and that is the reason why i didnt have it on my list.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was under the impression That the dottyback was aggressive and would attack the blenny and Goby. Its a beautiful fish and that is the reason why i didnt have it on my list.
My dottybacks have always gotten along great with all my fish. The only time they showed the slightest bit of aggression was when I put two in a new tank and they both wanted the same cave! (Orchid and Indigo)

My blue flasher was always either jumping out of the tank or lying on the bottom of the substrate with a “oh woe is me” look. But a flame hawkfish is also a good choice.

OP
OP
R

Ritchie G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dottybacks have always gotten along great with all my fish. The only time they showed the slightest bit of aggression was when I put two in a new tank and they both wanted the same cave! (Orchid and Indigo)

My blue flasher was always either jumping out of the tank or lying on the bottom of the substrate with a “oh woe is me” look. But a flame hawkfish is also a good choice.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look more into both of them. Maybe if I put the Dottyback in last. I will do some more research into both of them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.7%
Back