120g stock list

BlueSkyAT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have a 5ft long 120g eventual mixed reef, that`s been neglected for awhile. Just looking for any comments on my fish list.
Have,
Tailspot blenny
Rainford goby

Wanted,

1Hi fin shrimp goby/pistol shrimp,
2 pair of juvenile Yellowhead jawfish
(Have a bit of rock barrier, maybe they will inhabit separate sides, goby on one 2 jawfish on the other?)

2 Blue dartfish
5 Threadfin cardinal
2 mated pair Neon gobies
3 social Longfin fairy wrasse
1 Green banded goby

Specimen fish
Longnose butterfly,
or maybe a small angel, tang?

Thanks for any feedback.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems okay to me, you will have to observe all the gobies to make sure they get along together but its a bigger tank so I dont see an issue. As far as the 3 wrasse @i cant think and @Slocke are good people to ask! And as far as the butterfly, angel or tang just depends on what you want and what kind of a tank you want it to be!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have a 5ft long 120g eventual mixed reef, that`s been neglected for awhile. Just looking for any comments on my fish list.
Have,
Tailspot blenny
Rainford goby

Wanted,

(Have a bit of rock barrier, maybe they will inhabit separate sides, goby on one 2 jawfish on the other?)

2 Blue dartfish
5 Threadfin cardinal
2 mated pair Neon gobies
1 Green banded goby

Specimen fish
Longnose butterfly,

Thanks for any feedback.
Don’t mix the same species of fairy wrasse. You want a variety of peaceful ones instead. Use this helpful chart!
IMG_5015.jpeg

Thought the ruby longfin is a great fish.
IMG_3786.jpeg

Also I would say that in general multiple of the same species is less likely to work then a variety. Those darters for instance might pair or they may both be males or both females and fight. Cardinals can also kill each other off over time.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Have,
Tailspot blenny
Rainford goby

Wanted,

2 Blue dartfish
5 Threadfin cardinal
2 mated pair Neon gobies
1 Green banded goby

Specimen fish
Longnose butterfly,

Thanks for any feedback.
As a general rule, if it’s your first time in the wrasse world then only go for one of each species of wrasse (especially Cirrhilabrus). When you’ve understood behaviours and such then you can trial pairing and trios but that’s best done with the sand sleeping species as most of them don’t transition all that easily.

OP
OP
B

BlueSkyAT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for some info. I was going to try 3 of the wrasse, and hope for 1 to transition. Wasn`t really interested in having different kinds. So it may be hit or miss trying 3 ?
I`ve always had multiple of the zebra dartfish in the past, just wanted different color in this setup.
Had read that this cardinal was the easiest to be in a peaceful group, but I guess, maybe, maybe not?

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for some info. I was going to try 3 of the wrasse, and hope for 1 to transition. Wasn`t really interested in having different kinds. So it may be hit or miss trying 3 ?
I`ve always had multiple of the zebra dartfish in the past, just wanted different color in this setup.
Had read that this cardinal was the easiest to be in a peaceful group, but I guess, maybe, maybe not?
That’s a wrasse that transitions very young and just finding females is difficult. In all likelihood you will end up with 2 or 3 males pretty fast.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back