80 Gallon Stock List - need help

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i'm looking for input and recommendations on my current stock list - open to change
I have been looking for fish that I can keep in groups - im in nz so no Ostorhinchus cardinals and I don't like how pajamas and threadfins look so cardinals are off the list for a group fish. For now i've decided on 3 chinese zebra dartfish but this is open to change. Tank is a 80 gallon 130x68x35cm custom tank. Also im going to try an auto feeder for aqua forest liquid mysis - would this work for all of these fish, I could mix in some aqua forest liquid vege for the blenny maybe and yes I did google this before posting

1 Yellow Coris Wrasse
1 bangaii cardinal
1 Spotted Mandarin Goby
3 Chinese Zebra Dartfish
1 Linear or Gulf Blenny
1 Randall's Shrimp Goby

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i'm looking for input and recommendations on my current stock list - open to change
I have been looking for fish that I can keep in groups - im in nz so no Ostorhinchus cardinals and I don't like how pajamas and threadfins look so cardinals are off the list for a group fish. For now i've decided on 3 chinese zebra dartfish but this is open to change. Tank is a 80 gallon 130x68x35cm custom tank. Also im going to try an auto feeder for aqua forest liquid mysis - would this work for all of these fish, I could mix in some aqua forest liquid vege for the blenny maybe and yes I did google this before posting

1 Yellow Coris Wrasse
1 bangaii cardinal
1 Spotted Mandarin Goby
3 Chinese Zebra Dartfish
1 Linear or Gulf Blenny
1 Randall's Shrimp Goby
What wrasses are available? That’s the first thing I’d go for personally.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which would you reccomend? I'm more a fan of like white and lighter coloured fish (that sounds a bit racist) as you can probably see by my stocking list
Lubbocki and Exquisitus are 2 I’d always recommend. I also recommend the Halichoeres biocellatus.

Here’s my wrasse dominant 5’ tank for some ideas of wrasses albeit not all seem to be available to you unfortunately.
IMG_0056.jpeg

Also have you thought on angels, tangs or foxfaces?

OP
OP
toi_ss

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe thinking about a bristle tooth tang or some dwarf angel but not really - if I have algae problems down the line i may add a tomini. I like the look of Halichoeres cosmetus - could I keep them with a yellow coris wrasse?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe thinking about a bristle tooth tang or some dwarf angel but not really - if I have algae problems down the line i may add a tomini. I like the look of Halichoeres cosmetus - could I keep them with a yellow coris wrasse?

Yep! Generally most wrasses will cohabitate well together but there are some that are very iffy.

OP
OP
toi_ss

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! Generally most wrasses will cohabitate well together but there are some that are very iffy.
Thanks man, might have to reconsider the mandarin if I have these wrasses because you can't buy copepods in my country - sorry for late reply I fell asleep at my desk lol

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, might have to reconsider the mandarin if I have these wrasses because you can't buy copepods in my country - sorry for late reply I fell asleep at my desk lol
Out of curiosity, how do you get pods?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back