Fish list

Pacman171930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I wanted your opinions on my fish list for my red sea reefer xl525. I was planning on starting with two clownfish. Then was thinking of adding 2 chalk gobies, 4-6chromis and then a yellow tang, achilles tang, purple tang and a maybe a hippo or another type of tang. I was also thinking of adding a mandarin goby.

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a cool tank. The hippo tang is quite large - maybe a yellow eye kole tang instead. The mandarin is cool but just make sure you research the care requirements on reef2reef - needs a really well established pod population.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pacman171930

Pacman171930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a cool tank. The hippo tang is quite large - maybe a kole eye tang instead. The mandarin is cool but just make sure you research the care requirements on reef2reef - needs a really well established pod population.
Thanks for your input. I was literally just looking at a picture of a kole tang. It Dose look like a good option. I’ve had and done a lot of research on the mandarin gobies. Thank you again for your input!!!

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The took is much too small for an Achilles tang and is on the edge of bring too small for the purple. Neither are realistic in this size tank with a yellow as well. A yellow and a mole would work well however.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back